As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many projects, we’ll soon upgrade our power line and pole equipment along Proctor Boulevard.
When completed, these power line upgrades will enhance the area’s reliability and our ability to integrate renewable resources into the grid.
Anticipated work hours
(pending Oregon Department of Transportation permit approval)
- Late October to mid-December 2019
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. Weekend and night hours may be required at times to minimize traffic disruptions.
What can you expect during this project?
You’ll see PGE crews and our contractor, Loy Clark Construction, installing new equipment in phases along Proctor Boulevard. This work will require intermittent lane, parking and sidewalk closures to keep you and our crews safe.
Intermittent detours will be in place at the intersections of Alt Avenue, Meinig Avenue and Ten Eyck Road as we complete the power line upgrades.
We will provide at least 48-hours notice prior to any system improvement outages that may be needed to complete the work safely.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane closures and no-parking signs. Please use caution and allow extra time for commuting through the work areas shown on the map.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs placed to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to modernize the energy grid and create a platform for a clean energy future.
If you have any questions about our work, call us at 503-612-3730.