For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Community is at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are a committed team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love. Each of us, creative problem solvers who love challenges, big and small.
We are currently looking for exceptional journeymen who share our passion for the community and desire to serve.
At PGE, our journeymen play a critical role in powering Oregon. When storms or other events disrupt power, PGE journeymen are first responders, restoring power and reconnecting our customers. They make the difference.
And if you love the outdoors, you’ll love Oregon. Oregon is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts and Portland General Electric is a great company to work for. Here’s just some of the benefits our journeymen receive:
- $15,000 signing bonus
- Paid training
- 401k match - of 5% with additional 6% profit share
- State-of-the-art safety gear
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Opportunities to earn overtime pay
- Excellent health and dental options for dependents
- 25% off your electric bill, if you live in PGE’s service area, after six months of employment
We are located in Western Oregon, and here in Oregon, we love the outdoors: camping, hiking, hunting and fishing, crabbing at the coast, skiing on Mt Hood! We also love great food, craft beer and Oregon wine! But before you load up your wagon and put an “Oregon or Bust” sign on back, there’s a few things you’ll need to know.
First, we are selective. We have a rigorous selection process to find dedicated professionals who do quality work safely and really shine. In return, our compensation is highly competitive, ranking among the highest in the industry. It also reflects the high value we place on our journeymen and the critical service they provide.
What are successful candidates able to do?DUTIES: (Essential Job Responsibilities)
- Work safely without exception
- Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits
- Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment
- Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work
- Maximize the use of personnel and equipment to complete the job in a timely and orderly fashion while maintaining quality and safety
- Climb poles to perform work
- Provide coverage throughout PGE’s service area
What do successful candidates bring to PGE?Journeyman Lineman card required.
- Proficiency in hot sticking (required by end of the probationary period)
- Possess and maintain a valid CDL driver’s license
- Know safety regulations and OSHA requirements
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Climb and safely perform work from a pole
- Perform pole-top rescues
- Produce documentation showing completion of an accredited apprenticeship program upon request